Northumberland Community Bank (NCB) was launched in April 2017 after bringing together 2 existing credit unions; The Credit Union for South East Northumberland and Tynedale Community Bank.
The aim was to benefit more people in Northumberland by creating an organisation which could offer a sustainable source of lending for individuals and micro businesses together with a safe home for savings.
As a financial co-operative, our customers are members. By generating deposits from those members, a fund is created allowing us to lend to local people, including those vulnerable to high interest lenders such as Pay Day and Door Stop lenders and Loan Sharks.
We use technology to ensure we are easy to deal with but still offer a personal service by phone or in person.
‘To be the natural first port of call in Northumberland for individual and micro business loans and savings.’
- We treat everyone with equal respect and sensitivity, regardless of financial circumstances
- We are open and accessible to all
- We value financial responsibility and encourage savings wherever possible
- We do everything we can to help our members manage their financial affairs sensibly
- We take the utmost care to protect the personal information disclosed to us
- Savings accounts for individuals, micro businesses, charities and community groups
- Loans to Individuals and small businesses (including start-up loans for entrepreneurs)
- Loans to individuals via employer payroll deduction schemes
- Provision of bank accounts and debit cards to individuals
- 3rd party secured loans for targeted disadvantaged groups
- Signposting financially vulnerable individuals to appropriate support services
- Provision of basic bank accounts and loans to support Universal Credit roll out
- Financial Education for young people
- Junior saver accounts
- We genuinely exist for people, not profit
- We offer ethical loans, from £300 – £15,000, tailored to individual requirements
- Loan applications are looked at by a person not a computer
- Loans are competitively priced with no hidden fees
- We do not charge setting up or early repayment fees
- We will be flexible if your personal circumstances or income changes
- A safe home for their savings* and potential for an annual dividend
- Knowledge that their money held with us is helping local people
- Free savings and loan insurance protection (terms and conditions apply)
NCB is Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority FRN Number 214298
*Savings up to £85,000 are automatically protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Registered Office: 65 Station Road, Ashington, NE63 8RX
Office: 01670 522779
“I’m proud to be a member of my local community bank helping them to help others!”